Countries with travel restrictions due to coronavirus
Due to the global spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), most of the countries are taking preventative measures, including restricting travel and closing borders for particular nationals.
Travelers who are currently travelling or need to travel in the upcoming days should monitor the situation closely. New restrictions may be introduced at any moment. Travelers should also follow the recommendations of the governments, immigration offices, or embassies of the countries in their itinerary.
In our efforts to provide our partners with as accurate information as is possible given frequent changes in the situation, we are sharing all the available information for our partners to anticipate travel disruptions, and to offer guidance to all our passengers.
All travel restrictions and border closures are mentioned by the International SOS website, while travel health information is collected by the US CDC. For example, these government websites publish regular COVID-19 updates, travel advisories, and emergency contacts for multiple countries:
- Government of the United States
- Government of the People’s Republic of China
- Government of Japan – National Tourism Organization
- Government of Germany – Federal Foreign Office
- Government of India
- Government of the United Kingdom
- Government of France
- Government of Italy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Government of Brazil
- Government of Canada
- Government of the Republic of Korea
- Government of Russia
- Government of Spain – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Government of Australia – The department of home affairs
- Government of Mexico
- Government of Indonesia
- Government of Turkey
- Government of Saudi Arabia
- Government of Switzerland
- Government of Poland
- Government of Taiwan
In case you have affected bookings with Kiwi.com, please refer to the policy shared with you via email. We also provide daily digests for our partners with an overview of changes in the travel industry to help them stay on top of the current situation.