Virtual Interlining solutions for airlines
Technology is changing how the world travels. Here’s how Virtual Interlining solutions can help airlines adapt and grow
In an age of rapid technological development, transparent global marketplaces and customer-centric approaches, airlines have been pushed into a retail journey far beyond the already overly complex aviation business.
Cities and towns with smaller airports are becoming significantly more active in generating aviation passenger traffic. Those airlines who adapt quickly to this new world will gain a greater share of the pie.
At Routes Americas 2019, the aviation expert Nawal Taneja talked about the four main forces that are driving change in the industry. These are consumer preferences, technological advances, the complexities of the industry, and new disruptive competitors.
Taneja said: “Growth will not come from the larger cities like Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, but from smaller ones like Cairns. Smaller airports are going to play a much bigger role.”
Interlining and SPA agreements are long complex
The legacy approach of robust, rigid systems is too slow and expensive. Classic interlining and SPA agreements are long and require complex operations to be set up. They come at a high price and are questionable in terms of distribution power. Standard network development provides the best payoff, but this is always limited in its reach and bets on long-term stable demand and static customer profiles.
This is no longer a safe play with increasing capacity in the global market, lower fares and fierce competition. The massive growth in self-connecting passenger traffic is proof of the market’s transformation.
Virtual Interlining sets a new standard for the industry
Virtual Interlining technology emerged as a response to DIY travelers’ needs. Not only does it open a variety of options — both for the customer to travel and for airlines and airports to reach out to new markets — it sets a whole new standard for the industry.
Kiwi.com’s company vision is to make travel better. This comes from years of experience in B2C and studying profiles of self-connecting customers in order to serve them with a top-notch product.
Today we are ready to share this expertise with our partners.
Our Virtual Interlining Solution consultancy can help with:
- True customer demand (true origin and true destination)
- Top connecting airline carriers
- Top connecting Virtual Interlining hubs
- Virtually Interlined OnDs breakdown (connecting routes, volumes, in-time development)
Virtual Interlining adoption strategy:
- Full Virtual Interlining Solution
- Partial adoption
- Optimizing Virtual Interlining potential through Kiwi.com’s distribution network
Why adopt a VI Solution?
- Build customized virtual networks
- Expand with hundreds and thousands of Virtually Interlined OnDs
- Utilize distressed inventory
- Gain incremental passenger traffic
- Penetrate offline markets
- Gain insights for classic network development
- Agile approach to dynamic demand
- Zero SPA cost
- Zero liability for connection disruption
- Outsourced customer support
- Holistic customer-centric product
- 7 years serving self-connecting customers globally
- Connect to 500+ airline carriers
- Data-driven, reliable complex itineraries
- Customer protected from disruption
- 24/7 customer support
- Comprehensive and user-friendly UX
- Multiple payment solutions available
- 50+ currencies
- Unified fare and baggage rules
- Actively growing ancillary content
- One point of service for all segments
- Time to market: 1–3 months
- Check our scores on TrustPilot
Embrace the age of new technology and be a step ahead of consumer needs with Kiwi.com’s Virtual Interlining solutions